Terms and Conditions
1. Terms and Conditions
Pagemap is a tool to assist you with reading and designing complex documents. Pagemap is owned and managed by Pagemap Ltd (“PL”), and by signing up for a Pagemap account you are agreeing with PL to be bound by these terms and conditions. PL may change these terms and conditions from time to time by posting the changes here. PL will attempt to bring any changes to your attention, but the new terms and conditions will come into force once they are posted on this page.
2. Your Use of Pagemap
If you have paid for your subscription, you agree to pay GST if you are generally using the site in New Zealand. If you are permanently situated out of New Zealand, you should indicate this on the sign-up page. If you falsely state that you are outside of New Zealand, you indemnify PL for any outstanding GST, and also all penalties, costs and charges made against PL for GST that ought to have been paid.
You will not:
- Upload any unlawful or offensive material. PL can remove any material if it has good reason to believe that the material is unlawful or offensive;
- Attempt to undermine the security or integrity of PL’s computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party’s computing systems and networks;
- Use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the services or impair the ability of any other user to use the services or website;
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any materials other than those to which you have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the services are hosted;
- Transmit, or input into the Pagemap website, any: files that may damage any other person’s computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or data in violation of any law (including data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use); and
- Attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
3. PL will Provide the Pagemap Services
PL will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Pagemap service runs 24 hours, 7 days a week, subject to notified maintenance periods or unforeseen service interruptions, however PL will not be liable in any way for any loss or damages caused by any failure or error of the service, including any consequential damages.
PL will take all reasonable steps to ensure any data uploaded by you to the Pagemap service will remain securely stored with a high level of security, using Secured Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. PL may add or remove functionalities or features, including security features. By providing Pagemap services PL is not providing any kind of legal advice or expertise. You should seek your own legal advice in relation to any document if you are unsure of the legal impact or meaning.
- You pay PL monthly subscription fees for the subscription plan of your choice. PL will charge you on a pre-pay basis by invoice, direct debit or credit card. Subscription fees are not refundable.
- PL will automatically renew your paid subscription account each month or year after the start of your subscription as applicable, unless you cancel your paid subscription by cancelling via the website before the end of the current subscription period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period. However, if you cancel your payment and/or terminate your subscription before the end of the subscription period, PL will not refund any subscription fees already paid.
- PL may change the fee for the paid subscriptions from time to time, and will communicate any fee changes to you. Fee changes for paid subscriptions will take effect at the start of the next subscription period following the date of the fee change. By continuing to use PL’s services after the fee change takes effect, you accept the new fee.
- It is your responsibility to ensure personal details are up to date any time there is a change. PL will not be liable for losses due to your failure to provide correct personal information and keep it updated.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time as set out in clause 5b.
- PL reserves the right to cancel your subscription or suspend your access to PL’s service in the event of your non-compliance with these terms and conditions. In such an event, you agree that PL shall have no liability or responsibility to you and PL will not refund any amounts that you have already paid.
6. Intellectual Property
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of PL (or its licensors).
6.2 Ownership of Data
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the data remain Your property. However, Your access to the data is contingent on full payment of the PL subscription when due. You grant PL a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up your information and data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to you.
8. Exclusion of Liability
PL is not liable for:
- any loss, injury, claim or liability of any kind resulting from your use of this website;
- any special, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, lawyers’ fees) in any way due to, resulting from, or arising in connection with the use of or inability to use this website or the content;
- the cost of procurement for substitute products or services;
- for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or
- any failure or delay due to matters beyond PL’s reasonable control to the extent prohibited by law.
9. Non Applicability of the Consumers Guarantees Act
In the unlikely event that the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies to this type of service, you agree that the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 will not apply to this agreement if you are using Pagemap for commercial purposes.